Our priority is comprehensive service in estate, gift, and elder law planning, estate and trust administration, estate and trust litigation, guardianships, domestic partnership rights and taxation.
We focus on the needs of our clients and their families in all stages of life and we also provide advice to businesses and business owners. We develop a strong partnership with our clients because we believe it is a necessity to effective representation. Our approach fosters an open and continual dialog with each client so as to better serve our clients and exceed their expectations.
- Prepare Wills, trust agreements, powers of attorney, living wills, health care directives, and sophisticated estate planning documents to ensure our clients’ planning wishes are met.
- Advise and assist clients interested in charitable legacies through the use of charitable trusts, private foundations, conservation easements and other charitable dispositions.
- Advise individual and corporate fiduciaries in the administration of estates and trusts and assist them throughout the life of the administration of such estates and trusts.
- Advise and assist clients regarding long-term care, disability, asset protection, Medicaid, and other governmental and private benefit issues. We assist clients in addressing the unique requirements of individuals with special needs or who require extended care.
- Represent and counsel clients in all phases of guardianship proceedings.
- Represent and counsel clients in all phases of estate and trust litigation in the most cost-efficient manner possible.
- Assist and counsel clients as to business succession planning, choice of business entity, corporate agreements, stockholders' agreements, partnership agreements, limited liability agreements, employment agreements and other corporate documents.
- Advise domestic partners regarding legal protection of property, assets and minor children.
A Belief in Long Term Relationships
The Estate, Trust, Taxation, Elder Law & Guardianships Group was formed to serve the clients of Coughlin Duffy LLP on an ongoing, long-term basis, on projects both large and small. We believe in specialized attention to our clients that foster long-term relationships built on knowledge, experience, passion and compassion.
- March 13, 2020 Coughlin Duffy Attorneys Named to New Jersey 2020 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars List
Coughlin Duffy LLP is pleased to share that ten of the Firm's attorneys have been selected to the 2020 Super...
- March 12, 2019 Coughlin Duffy Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Super Lawyers 2019 List
Coughlin Duffy LLP is pleased to share that eight of the Firm's attorneys have been selected to the 2019 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars list...