Mark K. Silver
Partnermsilver@coughlinduffy.com 350 Mount Kemble Avenue
P.O. Box 1917
Morristown, NJ 07962
Direct (973) 631-6045
Fax 973) 267-6442
P.O. Box 1917
Morristown, NJ 07962
Mark Silver is a Partner in the Firm's Commercial Services group.
After graduating magna cum laude from Syracuse University with a Juris Doctorate and a Master’s Degree in Communications, Mark began his legal career serving as a law clerk to the Honorable Joyce E. Munkacsi and the Honorable Deborah J. Venezia in the Criminal Division of the Superior Court of New Jersey.
Mark’s practice spans a wide variety of legal concentrations. He regularly handles matters involving the following practice areas: commercial litigation, products liability, premises liability, pharmaceutical litigation, employment litigation, title insurance litigation, securities litigation, white collar criminal matters and trusts and estate litigation.
Over the past decade, Mark has defended several major pharmaceutical manufacturers in a variety of legal arenas including the defense of mass tort claims and class actions in multi-district federal litigation. Additionally, he has represented several preeminent hotel chains and restaurateurs in premises liability and health code litigation. Mark has successfully defended several significant product liability actions including the defense of a large industrial machinery manufacturer against a claim that its product was defectively designed.
His experience in product liability litigation led Mark to be selected as a contributing editor to the Product Liability Desk Reference, a Fifty-State Compendium, published annually by Aspen Law & Business (2001-2004).
Mark is admitted to the bar in New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania, and has argued cases before courts at both the trial and appellate level. He has successfully tried cases in New Jersey Superior Court, the Eastern District of New York, and Tax Court. Mark has previously been recognized by the New Jersey Law Journal as one of New Jersey’s “Rising Stars”. He is the co-author and co-presenter of the CLE presentation: “You’ve Been Served – The Things You Need to Do Immediately and the Things You Should Have Already Done”.
At the appellate level, Mark has successfully appealed cases to the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, the New Jersey Superior Court, Appellate Division, and most recently to the New Jersey Supreme Court as an amicus curiae in State v. Edmonds 211 N.J. 117 (2012).
- Syracuse University College of Law (J.D. and M.A., magna cum laude, 2000)
- 1999 Regional Champion, 1999/2000 ATLA Trial Team
- Member of Syracuse Chapter, 1999 TYLA/ABA National Trial Team
- Member of Executive Board, Moot Court Honor Society
- Invitee, Journal of International Law and Commerce
- Member, Order of the Coif
- The George Washington University (B.A. 1996)
- United States Supreme Court (2011)
- United States Tax Court (2011)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit (2009)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit (2006)
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey (2000)
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York (2006)
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York (2006)
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania (2001)
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania (2008)
- State of New Jersey (2000)
- State of New York (2006)
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (2000)
Mark Silver's Attorney Spotlight
Presenter, “You’ve Been Served – The Things You Need to Do Immediately and the Things You Should Have Already Done, ” CLE
Publications and Presentations
Contributing Editor, Product Liability Desk Reference, a Fifty-State Compendium, published annually by Aspen Law & Business (2001-2004).
Awards and Honors
New Jersey Law Journal, “New Leaders of the Bar” (2013)
New Jersey Rising Stars - Personal Injury Defense; Products (2009-2015)
Member, American Bar Association
Member, Middlesex County Bar Association
Member, Montgomery County Bar Association
Graduate of the ABA/TIPS National Trial Academy
- May 3, 2019 Coughlin Duffy Named as an Environmental Leader by CIANJ and COMMERCE Magazine
May 3, 2019
Coughlin Duffy LLP is honored to be selected as a finalist in the first annual Commerce and Industry Association of New...
- August 2, 2018 New Jersey Supreme Court Embraces Use Of Daubert Factors To Determine Admissibility Of Expert Opinion
August 2, 2018
On August 1, 2018, the New Jersey Supreme Court issued an important decision in Multi-County Litigation (“MCL”) cases involving the...
- March 14, 2015 Coughlin Duffy LLP is pleased to announce that 20 of its attorneys were selected for inclusion in New Jersey Super Lawyers® and New Jersey Rising Stars®
March 14, 2015
New Jersey Super Lawyers® is a rating service of outstanding lawyers who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and...
- March 12, 2019 Partner Mark Silver to Speak at the Knowledge Group's Navigating Mass Torts Litigation Strategies in Light of Recent Case Verdicts Webinar
Partner Mark Silver will present a live webcast for the Knowledge Group on "Navigating Mass Torts Litigation Strategies in Light...