Joshua L. Weiner
Partnerjweiner@coughlinduffy.com 350 Mount Kemble Avenue
P.O. Box 1917
Morristown, NJ 07962
Direct (973) 631-6020
Fax (973) 267-6442
P.O. Box 1917
Morristown, NJ 07962
Joshua Weiner is a Partner and Chair of the Firm's Employment & Labor Law Group.
Joshua has significant experience in employment and labor law representing small to large companies for their employment law needs. Joshua works closely with clients in litigated matters as well as administrative and arbitration proceedings, employment law preventive practices and audits, labor union law disputes, wage and hour claims, and management training.
Prior to joining Coughlin Duffy, Joshua served as Chair of the Employment and Labor Law practice group and the Litigation Division at Budd Larner. Joshua also practiced at the Law Offices of Weiner and Weiner, an employment and labor law firm co-owned with his father Paul Weiner, Special Counsel to Coughlin Duffy.
- Represented both employers and employees dealing with claims of discrimination, harassment, whistleblower retaliation, wage and hour disputes, defamation and invasion of privacy, as well as, corporate disputes with employees over executive compensation, employment contracts, restrictive covenants such as non-compete clauses, non-disclosures and confidentiality agreements.
- Represented employers and management in various labor disputes, unfair labor practice charges, arbitrations and negotiations with the unions.
- Serves as employment and labor counsel to employers in a wide variety of industries, providing counseling and training on a variety of issues, including discrimination, whistleblower retaliation, sexual harassment, wage and hour audits, employee handbooks, personnel policies, employment contracts, restrictive covenants, hiring and termination practices and union relations.
- Hofstra University School of Law (J.D., 2006)
- Rutgers University (B.A., 2003)
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey (2007)
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York (2008)
- State of New Jersey (2007)
- State of New York (2008)
Publications and Presentations
Author, "A Brief Treatise on Punitive Damages Under Title VII and Will the Supreme Court’s Recent Holding in Crawford End Up Derailing the Ellerth/Faragher Affirmative Defense in Sexual Harassment Cases," Practicing Law Institute’s Litigation Employment Discriminations Claims Seminar (2009)
Author, "Disparate Impact and Disparate Treatment/Legal Update and Practical Guide," Practicing Law Institute’s Litigation Employment Discriminations Claims Seminar (2008)
Author, "Recent Supreme Court Decisions Impacting on Title VII and §1983 Jurisprudence," Practicing Law Institute’s Litigation Employment Discriminations Claims Seminar (2007)
Awards and Honors
New Jersey Super Lawyer's Rising Star (2018 - 2019)
Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
Member, Morris County Bar Association
Member, Sidney Reitman Inn of Court
- May 4, 2020 Employment Law and COVID-19 - A Brief Legal Review
May 4, 2020
We are in uncharted legal waters when dealing with the ramifications of the COVID-19 Pandemic on the relationship between employees...
- September 9, 2019 New Jersey Enacts Landmark Wage Theft Law
September 9, 2019
New Jersey has now adopted what looks to be the most comprehensive wage theft law in the entire country. Employers...
- August 14, 2019 New Jersey Appellate Court Provides Some Clarity on the Scope and Use of Employment Restrictive Covenants
August 14, 2019
The New Jersey Appellate Division has clarified the analysis required to determine the effect of restrictive covenant agreements (RCAs) and...
- August 12, 2019 New Jersey Enacts Employee Salary History Ban
August 12, 2019
New Jersey has enacted a new law prohibiting employers from seeking or relying on job applicants’ salary history. Lieutenant Governor Sheila...
- April 24, 2019 Joshua L. Weiner and Paul I. Weiner Join Coughlin Duffy LLP
April 24, 2019
Coughlin Duffy LLP is pleased to announce that Joshua L. Weiner and Paul I. Weiner will join the Firm on...