Joseph C. Amoroso
Of Counseljamoroso@coughlinduffy.com 350 Mount Kemble Avenue
P.O. Box 1917
Morristown, NJ 07962
Direct (973) 631-6015
Fax (973) 267-6442
P.O. Box 1917
Morristown, NJ 07962
Joseph Amoroso is Of Counsel in the Firm's Commercial Services group.
His practice concentrates in product liability, insurance defense, employment litigation, environmental law, appellate practice and corporate defense.
He has successfully represented businesses of all sizes, either through their insurance carriers or directly, ranging from Fortune 100 companies to small businesses in a wide variety of industries.
From 2001 to 2002, Joseph served as a judicial clerk to the Honorable James J. Petrella, Presiding Judge of the Appellate Division. Prior to joining Coughlin Duffy in its inception in March 2004, Joseph was associated with the law firm McElroy, Deutsch & Mulvaney, LLP.
- Seton Hall School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2001)
- Seton Hall University (B.A., cum laude, 1998)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit (2015)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit (2014)
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey (2001)
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York (2005)
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York (2005)
- State of New Jersey (2001)
- State of New York (2002)
Joe Amoroso's Attorney Spotlight
- Involved in litigation of multi-million dollar commercial disputes between pharmaceutical companies.
- Negotiated numerous large scale Superfund, Spill Act and remediation settlements with governmental agencies.
- Acts as outside general counsel to various mid-sized corporations in a variety of industries.
- Successfully represented a wide variety of product manufacturers in both single-plaintiff cases and large, consolidated mass tort personal-injury and products-liability actions involving a variety of products ranging from over-the-counter pharmaceuticals to industrial products and boat engines.
- Has extensive experience in successfully defending insureds, businesses and other property owners in premises liability actions.
- Successfully arbitrated an employment dispute which included an award of attorneys’ fees.
- Part of a team of attorneys that successfully appealed to the New Jersey Supreme Court on behalf of doctors and nurses to overturn the largest medical malpractice verdict in State history.
- August 2, 2018 New Jersey Supreme Court Embraces Use Of Daubert Factors To Determine Admissibility Of Expert Opinion
August 2, 2018
On August 1, 2018, the New Jersey Supreme Court issued an important decision in Multi-County Litigation (“MCL”) cases involving the...
- June 12, 2018 Coughlin Duffy Wins Summary Judgment in a Products Liability Lawsuit in Federal Court
June 12, 2018
Coughlin Duffy was recently awarded summary judgment in favor of its client, Crown Equipment Corporation (“Crown”), in McManus v. Barnegat...
Publications and Presentations
Alert, "New Jersey Supreme Court Embraces Use Of Daubert Factors To Determine Admissibility Of Expert Opinion" (August 2018)
"In Hot Pursuit of NRD Claims," Environmental Claims Journal, 19(4):219-238 (2007) Co-Author
Member, Washington Township Environmental Commission (2010-2012; 2013-2015 Term)
Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
Member, New York State Bar Association
Member, Defense Research Institute
Member, National Italian American Foundation