Mark K. Silver
Partnermsilver@coughlinduffy.com 350 Mount Kemble Avenue
P.O. Box 1917
Morristown, NJ 07962
Direct (973) 631-6045
Fax 973) 267-6442
P.O. Box 1917
Morristown, NJ 07962
Mark K. Silver is a Partner with the firm in its corporate litigation department.
After graduating magna cum laude from Syracuse University with a Juris Doctorate and a Master’s Degree in Communications, Mark began his legal career serving as clerk to the Honorable Joyce E. Munkacsi and the Honorable Deborah J. Venezia in the Criminal Division of the Superior Court of New Jersey.
Mark’s practice spans a wide variety of legal concentrations. He regularly handles matters involving the following practice areas: commercial litigation, products liability, premises liability, pharmaceutical litigation, employment ligation, title insurance litigation, securities litigation, white collar criminal matters and trusts and estate litigation.
Over the past decade, Mark has defended several major pharmaceutical manufacturers in a variety of legal arenas including the defense of mass tort claims and class actions in multi-district federal litigation. Additionally, he has represented several preeminent hotel chains and restaurateurs in premises liability and health code litigation. Mark has successfully defended several significant product liability actions including the defense of a large industrial machinery manufacturer against a claim that its product was defectively designed.
His experience in product liability litigation led Mark to be selected as a contributing editor to the Product Liability Desk Reference, a Fifty-State Compendium, published annually by Aspen Law & Business (2001-2004).
Mark is admitted to the bar in New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania, and has argued cases before courts at both the trial and appellate level. He has successfully tried cases in New Jersey Superior Court, the Eastern District of New York, and Tax Court. In each of the past six years, Mark has been recognized by the New Jersey Law Journal as one of New Jersey’s “Rising Stars”. He is the co-author and co-presenter of the CLE presentation: “You’ve Been Served – The Things You Need to Do Immediately and the Things You Should Have Already Done”.
At the appellate level Mark has successfully appealed cases to the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, the New Jersey Superior Court, Appellate Division, and most recently to the New Jersey Supreme Court as an amicus curiae in State v. Edmonds 211 N.J. 117 (2012).
- Syracuse University College of Law (J.D. and M.A., magna cum laude, 2000)
- 1999 Regional Champion, 1999/2000 ATLA Trial Team
- Member of Syracuse Chapter, 1999 TYLA/ABA National Trial Team
- Member of Executive Board, Moot Court Honor Society
- Invitee, Journal of International Law and Commerce
- Member, Order of the Coif
- The George Washington University (B.A. 1996)
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (2000)
- State of New Jersey (2000)
- State of New York (2006)
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey (2000)
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania (2001)
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York (2006)
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York (2006)
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania (2008)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit (2006)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit (2009)
- United States Tax Court (2011)
- United States Supreme Court (2011)
- March 14, 2015 Coughlin Duffy LLP is pleased to announce that 20 of its attorneys were selected for inclusion in New Jersey Super Lawyers® and New Jersey Rising Stars®
March 14, 2015
New Jersey Super Lawyers® is a rating service of outstanding lawyers who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and...
Publications and Presentations
Contributing Editor, Product Liability Desk Reference, a Fifty-State Compendium, published annually by Aspen Law & Business (2001-2004).
“You’ve Been Served – The Things You Need to Do Immediately and the Things You Should Have Already Done”. Co-author and co-presenter of this CLE presentation
Awards and Honors
Selected for inclusion in New Jersey Law Journal, 2013, “New Leaders of the Bar” (recognizing the top 50 New Jersey lawyers under the age of 40)
Selection for inclusion in New Jersey Rising Stars, Personal Injury Defense; Products (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015)
Member, American Bar Association
Member, Middlesex County Bar Association
Member, Montgomery County Bar Association
Graduate of the ABA/TIPS National Trial Academy