Associatemchinosi@coughlinduffy.com 350 Mount Kemble Avenue
P.O. Box 1917
Morristown, NJ 07962
Direct (973) 631-5742
Fax (973) 267-6442
P.O. Box 1917
Morristown, NJ 07962
Maida Chinosi is an Associate in the Insurance/Reinsurance Practice group.
Maida’s practice focuses on the areas of insurance coverage litigation and counseling. Maida provides representation to both domestic and international insurers in non-litigated and litigated matters in both state and federal courts on a wide range of insurance coverage issues, with an emphasis on coverage disputes arising out of environmental liability, toxic tort exposure, product liability, construction defect and professional liability.
Maida also has experience in handling complex civil litigation matters. She has experience in mass tort litigation, including the Phenylpropanolamine (“PPA”) Product Liability Litigation, asbestos and benzene exposure cases.
More recently, Maida has counseled and represented captive insurers with drafting of policies and claims handling.
Prior to joining Coughlin Duffy, Maida was an associate with Connell Foley LLP, and before that, worked at Novartis Consumer Health, Inc. and Novartis Pharmaceuticals Inc. in their legal departments.
- Seton Hall School of Law (J.D. 2004)
- Rutgers University (B.A. 1993)
- State of New Jersey (2004)
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey (2004)
• Representing primary and excess insurers in coverage litigation involving the largest Superfund site in New Jersey
• Representing high excess insurer in a complex multi-party coverage litigation arising out of asbestos bodily injury claims under a $1.85 billion insurance program
• Monitoring counsel for European insurer with respect to coverage issues involving U.S. and Canadian class actions arising out of allegedly defective roofing shingles
• Served as monitoring counsel for multinational reinsurer with respect to a claim for insurance coverage in one of the largest settlements against a U.S. Bank concerning its subprime mortgages and lending practices
• Successfully defended international reinsurer in coverage dispute that resulted in dismissal of approximately $95 million in claimed bankers professional liability and securities claim coverage for underlying suits filed against a large U.S. financial institution
Published Decisions in which Maida has been involved:
• IMO Indus., Inc. v. Transamerica Corp., 437 N.J. Super. 577 (App.Div. Sept. 30, 2014)
• Howden N. Am. Inc. v. ACE Prop. & Cas. Ins. Co., 875 F. Supp. 2d 478; 2012 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 86194, Civil Action No. 09-1014,Civil Action No. 11-247 (W.D.Pa. June 21, 2012)
• Arrowood Indem. Co. v. Metallo Gasket Co., 2011 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 119911, Civil Action No.: 09-4814 (AET) (D.N.J., October 18, 2011)
- October 3, 2013 Are You Really Exhausted? Negotiating Settlements for Less than Policy Limits - Recent Trends and Decisions
October 3, 2013
Issues relating to excess insurance are often at the forefront of twenty-first century insurance claims and/or underwriting disputes. In years...
- October 10, 2007 Preservation and E-Discovery from a Litigation and Risk Management Perspective
October 10, 2007
The ubiquitous use of electronic media as a means of communications has had a powerful impact on all aspects of...
Awards and Honors
Selected for inclusion in New Jersey Rising Stars, 2014
Member, American Bar Association
Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
Member, New Jersey Hispanic Bar Association
Member, New Jersey Women’s Lawyers Association
- When The Call To The Bullpen Came, Coughlin Duffy Was Able To Close The Deal
Our insurance company client was mired in a decade long litigation in a multi-site, multi-million dollar lawsuit seeking coverage for...